Something that bugs me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Something that bugs me

Something that bugs me a bit are these guys who would ask a woman to dance, and then hang on to her for 3 or 4 dances in a row. And I'm not talking about people who come as couples.

I know that it may sound petty, but I feel like saying "Bro' give the rest of a chance to dance with her." It's unusual for me dance with the same woman more than once in a night, and it's extremely rare for me to do two songs in a row.

Guys, how do you handle it?

It's ONE of MANY THINGS

MacGuy - loved your question.

OK. I got it.... !!!
    1. She's insecure and/or He's insecure.
    2. They're both "taken" with someone else "elsewhere" who's not at the club and that's where they go to "flirt" together and live out each other's fantasies on the dancefloor in a nonverbal way. Woo Hoo!! )))))
    3. They both got the hots for each other and love dancing together.
    4. One of them is just learning and that is her/his instructor for the night.
    5. She makes him look good so he won't let her go - or visa versa...

I vote for number 3.

any other votes or ideas people???

Comment

That's where I steel her A$$$

Bro,
      You gotta steel her from the guy. I was in a class once where the instructor taught the guys how to steel the girl from the guy - it was hot. I do it all the time now. I think the girls like it cuz they smile alot when it happens. Usually the guy steels her back, or after about a minute I give her back.

that's what you do. gotta steel her. Especially if she's hot. (hot dancer I mean - most hot-looking women suck at Salsa)

Comment

I LOVE being STOLEN!!!!!

omg it's the biggest turn-on for a woman I swear. It's like TWO MEN WANT YOU. omg!

There's no better high. I swear the first time that happened to me I went home that night (well, morning) and told my entire family about it. My brothers laughed and poked fun at me, my sisters wanted to start taking classes, my mom wanted HEAR MORE

and my dad just sat there, glaring at me.

STEEL MY A$$$$ !!!!!

Comment

bro last time I stole a chick I got the dirtiest look from the guy - turned out he was her BOYFRIEND. then check this, about three songs later he does the same thing to me - steels my girl! we both laughed and bot each other drinks after. was great.

Comment

who teaches that?

I wanna take that class cuz I want to steel a MAN!!!! I get tired of waiting around all night waiting to be asked to dance. Sometimes I wish I could just BUTT IN and TAKE HIM!! I've had it done to me, but I want to have enuf gutz to do the same. The only thing is that I don't know if the girl will appreciate it - women get crazy about their men sometimes. there's already not enough MEN to go around in this dance.

Comment

Lead/Follow Ratio

Not enough men?!!! You should come to Seattle for the congress. You'd be in Salsa heaven with all the guys here . . . or maybe I should move to Colorado. lol

[QUOTE=bcali;323]I wanna take that class cuz I want to steel a MAN!!!! I get tired of waiting around all night waiting to be asked to dance. Sometimes I wish I could just BUTT IN and TAKE HIM!! I've had it done to me, but I want to have enuf gutz to do the same. The only thing is that I don't know if the girl will appreciate it - women get crazy about their men sometimes. there's already not enough MEN to go around in this dance.[/QUOTE]

Comment

or in my case, my wife is insecure and wants to only dance with me but i'm still just a beginner. I on the other hand can appreciate learning and dancing with as many people as possible. Hopefully, she will come to the same place as i am. If not, that ok, cuz we're different.

[QUOTE=bcali;312]MacGuy - loved your question.

OK. I got it.... !!!
                1. She's insecure and/or He's insecure.
                2. They're both "taken" with someone else "elsewhere" who's not at the club and that's where they go to "flirt" together and live out each other's fantasies on the dancefloor in a nonverbal way. Woo Hoo!! )))))
                3. They both got the hots for each other and love dancing together.
                4. One of them is just learning and that is her/his instructor for the night.
                5. She makes him look good so he won't let her go - or visa versa...

I vote for number 3.

any other votes or ideas people???[/QUOTE]

Comment

Working...
                X